Friday, November 22, 2013

Wyatt's 3rd Birthday!

I have more summer to blog about, but wanted to get this one written before I forget some of the details. I can't believe that Wyatt just turned three! It really does feel like just yesterday we were brand new parents bringing our first baby boy home to our little house in Richmond, VA. All the stress and joy of figuring out your first baby, it really was not long ago. I remember the day he was born, I was getting induced and it had started to get chilly, but was a nice day, even though we had to be at the hospital super early. It was nice that we were able to do a scheduled induction, even though it did turn into a c-section. I remember crying when he finally was out, one for relief of pain, and one for the joy of finally seeing our first child. What an overwhelming and wonderful feeling it was! He came into this world with eyes wide open and has stayed a very curious child that wants to know everything about the world.  Our cute little baby had turned into such a sweet and wonderful little boy. He is getting some three year old attitude which I have trouble with. Overall, he is a very, sweet, polite and personable kid. He loves to talk to people especially if he is asked about something he is interested in. He will tell people all sorts of stories about things he did. He is usually pretty nice to other kids, but he will stick by himself a lot too. He does have a hard time sharing, but that is normal for this age. He is pretty smart- he is always trying to "work the system". He loves talking to grandma and grandpa and Mema on the phone and on skype. Loves to go to the park and go on all the slides. Also, loves to go to library school and do the crafts and songs. His favorite are the abc song and alligator song. He loves to go to church and to nursery and can sing "I am a child of God" all by himself. He also loves all the fresh beat band songs and "wheels on the bus" and "apples and bananas".

Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Food: Pizza and Mac and Cheese
Best Friend: Maddy (cousin in CA)
Other Friends: Lucy
Favorite thing to Do: Go to the park
Favorite Toy: Pop the Pig
Favorite Show: Dora the Explorer, also likes Bubble Guppies, Super Why
Favorite Movie: Wreck it Ralph
Favorite Song: "I am a child of God" (can sing by himself) and Fresh Beat Band
Favorite Animal: Elephant, also likes dogs, tigers, bears
When I grow up I want to be: Super Why, "go to church", "dentist with Dad"

The night before his birthday we laid out a few presents and a few balloons and some streamers on his door. When he opened his door in the morning he was so excited. He knew it was his birthday, but I think he was pretty surprised to find all these things outside his door. He was so happy and giddy!! We opened presents and then he got to have his favorite food- bacon for breakfast. We even put a candle in it and sang to him. He started playing with his new toys right away, especially his hungry hippos farm game and his Jake and the Neverland Pirates Legos. After playing for a while we got ready and went into town to get balloons and some things for the party that night. Then we met Kevin at the park for lunch to give Wyatt his present from us, a bike. He was pretty excited, but it is a big bike with training wheels so he is still getting used to it. He rode it around the parking lot for a minute and then we went and ate and just played at the park. Then it was time for naps and getting stuff ready for the party.

The party was so much fun! A few of our friends came and we had a bounce house set up in Carnes Gym. The bounce house was huge and awesome and the kids loved it. Since there weren't a ton of kids they all had plenty of room to comfortably jump around and have fun. His friends that came were Lucy and Molly Collins from Library School, Kade and Luke Bowman (my piano teacher's kids), and Megan's nephew, Kaden Rogers, and the Fackrell kids. We all had a really fun time with tons of food. We started a tradition last year where we just do presents from family and ask our friends to bring a donation for St. Judes Hospital kids instead of a gift. It always works out really well and Wyatt likes to ask about giving the gifts to the "sick kids". We sang happy birthday to Wyatt and he had the sweetest smile on his face. He was so excited to have his birthday and kept telling everyone he was turning three. Wyatt had a great time on his birthday with all his friends. We were so lucky to also have grandma there to help us with everything and to play with the boys. They love grandma and get to play all sorts of games, get smoothies at McDonalds, and take lots of pictures. We missed grandpa, but they sure did love having grandma to give them lots of love. I am so glad that our boys are so close to my parents and Kevin's mom even though they do live far away.

I have more pictures I need to get off my phone



































1 comment:

Momma said...

Thanks for posting Sam. I always love reading them over and over.