Mema came in town on Monday October 15th (Wyatt's Birthday). What a busy day! We got up and got ready and straightened up the house. Then I showed Wyatt the fondant whale cake I had been working on for his birthday. It turned out really cute and he loved it and knew exactly what it was. We picked Mema up from the airport which was very exciting and then we headed to Kevin's office. We had Farrell meet the office staff and then we went out to dinner at Applebees. We had a delicious dinner and then the waiters came and sang to Wyatt. He didn't know what to think and just gave them a stink eye the whole time. Kevin has a video I will have to post, but I was just laughing the whole time. We enjoyed our family time on our baby boys 2nd birthday!! I really can't believe he is already two. What a joy he has been and will continue to be. He is always a ray of sunshine to us and to others everywhere we go. He is very friendly and likes to talk to people/strangers. He loves to say hi and bye to everyone and smile and just be cute. He is definitely a people person like his dad! He loves being a silly boy: dancing, running, playing football, throwing balls, falling down on purpose, jumping all over the place etc. He is always saying/doing something new and cute. He is so so smart! He is picking up on things so fast and loves to watch kids and mimic what they do. Lately we have been working on our colors. He has learned them in about 1 week. He will confuse one once in a while, but he is doing pretty well with identifing all his primary colors. He still loves water, whales, sharks, etc. At night he has to sleep with his lion and his whale and sometimes his baby whale too. He still takes a nap most days in the middle of the day and goes to bed at 8 and usually doesn't wake up until 7. Our good sleeper!! This kid just loves life, loves doing new things, meeting new people and having fun all the time!
Tuesday we just hung out with Mema around the house. She played with Wyatt and Jack and they had a ball. We met up with Kevin for lunch and Farrell cooked us a yummy dinner. After dinner we decided to celebrate Wyatt's birthday again and eat the whale cake. We had candles this time and he loved the candles and knew exactly what to do. He just kept blowing and blowing, it was so cute. He didn't so much love us singing to him and gave us weird looks. We let him blow out the candles a few times since he liked it so much and then we cut into the whale cake. It didn't taste like I wanted it to taste so I was glad I didn't use it for Wyatt's birthday party, lol, but it was ok.
Wednesday we got to take Mema to library time with us. Wyatt didn't dance quite as much as he usually does, but it was still fun. We had another fun day of playing at the house and outside with Mema. Wyatt got to swing a lot and show Mema all the fun things he does. Farrell cooked us another amazing dinner and Wyatt got to open a present (I'm lame and forgot to wrap them until wed.) We just got him a few books since we also got him a lifetime hunting/fishing license (you have to get it before they are 2), but he liked them and he did great ripping the wrapping paper.
Thursday was really sad because Mema had to leave. She was able to come and help us at Sam's Club to get some stuff for Wyatt's party and then we had to take her to the airplane. Wyatt convinced Mema to buy him a huge stuffed bear at Sam's Club for his birthday. He just kept talking about "big bear" it was too cute. He loves that thing. He lays on it, jumps on it etc. He wants to take it with us and have it sleep in his bead. Wyatt was a little confused when we dropped off Mema, and I think he thought he could go on the airplane too. He was a little sad for the ride home and rest of the day. We can't wait until Christmas to see everyone again!!
Friday we actually went to the pediatrician because Wyatt has had a throwing up problem for about a year. It is really bad sometimes and not so bad other times. In Feb the Dr.'s prescribed acid reflux medicine and it seemed to work most of the time, but there were some times when he would have bad flare ups. Lately we have been having a lot of bad flare ups and it is getting to the point where he can only eat yogurt, apple sauce etc. The pediatrician gave us some stronger acid reflux medicine, but we decided we also wanted to see a gastroenterologist. We went and saw them this week and we are going to have to do a endoscopy (probe down his throat) and he will have to be put out under anesthesia. A little scary, but we think it will be worth it to see if there is anything serious going on. We just want to get this figured out, it has been so stressful. We have had much throw up all over our house and at restaurants. NOT FUN!!
Saturday was the day for the birthday party!! Not as many people showed up as we expected, but we had some great people with kids show up. One family from our neighborhood and a few families from church. We had such a great time with great people. Wyatt as just in heaven with all the little kids. They just ran around and played and threw beach balls etc. We held the party in our downstairs big open room and it worked out perfect. I had been planning for a while for all the decorations and it was an under the sea theme and I think it turned out really cute. Wyatt liked all the fish, whales, sharks etc that were everywhere. We did pin the tail on the mermaid (bubble guppy from nickelodeon) and played with chalk etc. Of course there was food and cupcakes. The cupcakes turned out so cute, it was a killer whale frosted onto cupcakes. I was glad I ordered them from the grocery store. It was a cold day outside, but we had a warm sunny beachy day at our party!! Wyatt got to blow out candles again and eat a cupcake, but mostly he just wanted to play with all the kids, lol. What a fun birthday week we all had to celebrate our cute boy!
Here are the pictures and some cute videos (pictures are all out of order):
2 comments:
Cute pictures! I'm sorry his throwing up is getting worse, I hope you are able to figure it out and get some help.
I am so proud of you! I told you making cakes are fun and easy thanks to google LOL! You are great! I love love love you! Im sorry about the reflux... I remember when Kylee had it and it stunk! Just keep pushing those doctors and follow your gut!
Post a Comment