We really have been enjoying springtime. We have been on the river with friends, Kevin's garden is really getting big, and we took a trip to Smith Mountain Lake.
Smith Mountain Lake was a blast! The weather was not that great. It was cloudy and a little rainy, but we did not let that stop us. We swam in the cold water, went tubing, skiing, wakeboarding, kneeboarding and played some games. Wyatt had a blast and him and Kevin even went on the tube together (going about 5mph). Some other interesting highlights- Us Allreds were having a lot of bad luck... It all started when I was packing up the Durango about 2 hrs before we had to leave and I decided to go get some gas at Kroger. Well I got my gas, but the Durango wouldn't start again. Now it has done this before, but it usually starts up agian within about 20 minutes. So I waited...and waited...and waited...it wouldn't start. I called Kevin, but he was running late and was stuck at school. I just decided to wait, and then the Chacon's came by to also get gas before the trip and a few minutes later it magically started (about an hour later and now we were running late). So we ran home and got everything else ready. So we got a late start. We got to the lake house late that night and had a good nights rest. Our first day there we had a blast! Kevin cut his hair into a mullet- boy was that interesting, I guess you need to fit in with the locals! We toured the lake and did some tubing etc. But then another mishap, our boat was having problems. Bummer!! Kevin went to a couple places to try to find the part, but no one had it. But then a ray of hope... we could run to a store in rocky mount the next morning and pick it up. Kevin went to go do that, but our GPS broke so it took him a long time to get there and it was frustrating. Then the part didn't work- there was a bigger problem. Oh well we thought we will just have fun without the boat. Then we decided to take our friends' boat to a fun eating place (some of us in the boat, others and babies in a van). We got to the state park and the boat ran out of gas!! Wow, what a day! So luckily we had the van to go and get gas. Except we almost thought we couldn't get gas because the lady at the counter of the gas station said she didn't have gas cans. Thankfully trevor looked and they did have some. Ok we were all gassed up and ready to meet at the restaurant. The boaters got soaked because it started to rain, but we all made it there safe and sound. Time to enjoy a peaceful dinner right?? Well...Wyatt took a pretty good tumble and bumped his head pretty good. It really freaked me out! But he was a trooper and it barely even bruised (thanks to Emily's ice suggestion I'm sure). Then on the way home Emily gave us all glow stick bracelets. I was sitting in the back seat of the van playing with mine and it decided to break and squirt directly into my eye and mouth- nowhere else! I panicked and said..."Deborah Deborah I think there is a water bottle in my bag can you get it, I got glow stick in my eye" (it was burning). She was quick to get the water bottle and I washed out my eye in the van- now the van was wet (sorry)! We got to a parking lot and I washed it out again and threw the glowstick in the parking lot. We got home and celebrated Miriam's birthday and had a good rest of the night. The next day we had a lot of fun- Kevin and I both kneeboarded and wakeboarded (and Kevin double skiied). But our bad luck continued the next day when we were headed home. We drove to the gas station to gas up and the Durango wouldn't start back up for 2 hrs!! I was on the phone with the insurance about to get a tow and sure that the 3 of us would spend the night down there when of course the car started. I guess it could have been worse, but it sure was a pain. We drove home and were dead tired!! Even though we had a lot of bad luck we had such a great time. We love all the families we were able to go with and that is the part that made it fun. We are so lucky to have such great friends. It was fun having late nights of games and talking with the adults, and Wyatt loved being around all the adorable Chacon girls.
Sorry this was so long, here are Wyatt's highlights: (7 months)
Still hates his stomach, but does better
Eating more mushy textures.
Is sooo good at sitting up on his own and will do it for a long time just hanging out
Loves to be outside, Loves the boat, Doesn't like his life jacket so much
Is so ticklish
Favorite game is throw a blanket over his head and he tries to get it off
Loves to pull hair (mine and the dogs')
Can put his hands together like he's clapping.
Has big cheeks that everyone wants to squeeze.
Loves to talk and laugh.
Sometimes crys when he doesn't see mom or dad around.
Here it is: Kevin's mullet (mullet and mustache have since been shaved)
All the girls at SML
Totally GQ look- popped collar and everything
The whole group at the mexican restaurant
Chacons in the front, us behind them on the right, Grays on left and Dunhams on left also
At the beach taking a break from the lifejacket
The boys got matching nude colored swim trunks- wow!
Wyatt and I on our First Mother's Day
family picture on mother's day
He loves Deborah- she can always make him laugh (look at those cheeks)
Below is the craft we did over spring break:
Getting so big!
2 comments:
What a fun spring! Wyatt is getting so big, and of course, sooo cute! I'm sorry about your run of bad luck. I bet your luck would get better if you hung out with us more... ;) I'm glad you had a good first Mothers Day! I miss you guys, but I wouldn't miss the mullet/mustache combo on Kevin. (ha, just kidding. He rocks the hillbilly look!)
So cute!! I am glad to hear the the mustache and mullet are gone. I can't believe we aren't going to see you guys until December....but what FUN we will have.
Post a Comment