First I'll start with what Wyatt's been up to because he has the most. Wyatt had his 6 month check up a few days ago and he is really a BIG BOY. He has already outgrown his infant car seat and we are going to have to buy a big kid car seat this weekend. Everyone always comments on his big kissable cheeks! Here are his stats:
Weight: 19.9 lbs
Length:
Head:
He has been exploring a few more baby foods besides rice cereal. He has had carrots, avocado, and sweet potatoes. He still makes a funny face at first when he tastes them, but then he remembers that he likes food and wants more, more, more! I think he has figured out what a bowl and spoon are because whenever he sees me with one he tries to reach for it and acts like he wants it. He is too smart, now I have to watch whatever I do. We also have started giving him a sippy cup with water to learn how and to make the transition from the bottle at a year easier. He still has been going to bed around 8-9pm, except for last night he was fussy and went down at 7pm, and he will usually sleep until about 7am (give or take 1/2 hr). I know this is normal, but he will have days where he will wake up in the middle of night and want to eat- maybe a growth spurt? Sometimes we can get him to go back to sleep and sometimes he just needs to eat. Silly boy! He still does not like his stomach, but he is getting better and will tolerate it for a little bit longer than he used to. I am not sure if he will ever crawl because of that...lol, maybe he will just go straight to walking! He had been sitting up on his own for maybe 2 weeks now, pretty wobbly at first, but he is pretty good now. He likes that a lot more than being on his tummy! He still likes to lay under his play gym and grab the toys and he also really likes his jumper. On Monday, April 11th, we finally got the boat out for the season because it was such a nice day and Kevin was home early. Wyatt had his first of MANY boating experiences. He seemed to like it except for the part where he is huge and the lifejacket squeezes him and his cheeks a little bit too much. He liked riding though, didn't mind the wind, and tried to eat a little bit of sand on the beach. We can't wait for more boating!! I had a check up with my OB doctor that delivered Wyatt and she loves us and said to Wyatt, "I bet your parents already have you out on that boat." It was funny because I was like actually yes two days ago. I guess we are pretty predictable. The last thing about Wyatt is that he can be loud! Surprise surprise, little Allred baby (allreds are loud). Here is an example of what happens sometimes: we were in a small Thai restaurant which was pretty full so it was loud and Wyatt decided he wanted to talk and he was totally the loudest one in there. He was just babbling and babbling and wouldn't stop. At first it was funny, but then it was kind of awkward. LOL. I think he will be a big talker! We love our little buddy so much and I can't believe he is already 6 months old- time flies!! Soon he will be 1yr old- walking and talking...OH BOY!!
As for us... Kevin has been busy busy with school. Working on lots of patients and learning new things. In his spare time he has been getting the garden ready, I think it is almost done and he fixed up the floor and some things on the boat. He also did a bunch of work on the car which was great (and saved a ton of money). We are so lucky he is so handy. Him and Wyatt love to laugh together and Kevin tickles him nonstop. I have just been doing my thing at home and running our toy machine business. I am playing softball again on the womens ward team so that is a lot of fun. We are attempting to clean out our messy closets and attic. So far we have made progress with some closets, but I didn't realize how much stuff we just threw up in the attic. We need to have a yard sale or something!
4 comments:
Wyatt just gets cuter every time I see him! What a doll! I seriously just want to smooch his cheeks! It sounds like he already has quite the personality! We need to get our families together SOON! Really. I miss you guys. Smooch that darling boy for me.
That is one CUTE boy!!!! I still need to meet him :) Miss you guys and yes...we made those letters...just wooden letters from hobby lobby and paper and modpodge.
I like your shirt Kevin! We need to get together sometime this summer.
We love Wyatt! He is a good play buddy hehehe
Post a Comment