Saturday, July 11, 2009

Lake Powell 2009!

Lake Powell 2009 was awesome! We have never missed a year since we were married and I have never missed a year when Kev and i weren't married. But we were planning on NOT going this year because of lots of reasons. Well some things fell into place and we got to go and surprise everyone except my dad- he was the one in on everything. We especially surprised my mom which was great because she was bummed we couldn't come and she talked to me on the phone a few days before Powell and she thought I was depressed because we couldn't come. LOL! Well we made it and it was great!!

Powell was full of TONS of fun. LOTS of wake surfing, a little wakeboarding, knee boarding, tubing, games (we made a new game called Powellzee-- patent pending, lol!), bonfires, banana boats (thanks matt and debbie!), volleyball games and boat rides. We had 11 people on our houseboat (dunlaps, allreds, nashs, and williams (minus bob) (plus 2 friends), and 8 people on Bill and Suzie's houseboat (Bob's sister). There were lots of teenagers and twenty year olds this year which made it crazy fun. The weather was perfect and we are glad we were able to come.


Crazy Tubing!

Me and Kat (sister)

Kev and I on Pat's boat ready for surfing!



Pitt stop on the way to the lake


The "Adults" on Bill and Suzie's houseboat

Kevin wakesurfing

Me and Kat and Sharon on Nash's boat


A bunch of us on Nash's boat surfing (we did a lot of this)


Family Pic!



Daddy and us girls and his boat


Kevin got to drive the houseboat!




This one is for safety Bob! (no life jakets)

Coming back after a long hard day of surfing!

All of us (except my mom) on our houseboat


Chillin on the houseboat




Kevin surfing it up.

Wow! Extreme Tubing.



Carlie and me in our pink.

The "Kids" of Powell 2009

Mohawk Tradition at Powell

Oh yea, I tear it up.

Kat (my sis)- style points!

Nice Trick Josh (my cousin)

Kevin hiked up the rocks to get this shot of our camp and our cove.
Isn't it beautiful!!




























4 comments:

Debbie said...

i am so jealous!!! i love lake pow!

Heather said...

Oh it looks like so much fun!! I haven't been to Powell since I was like 5!! Sam, where do you get all your cute swim suits? Miss you guys tons! love ya

Skylar and Lauren said...

I am so jealous! But glad that u had such a fantastic time! Yay for summer vacations!!!

Steve and Ashley Clawson said...

I have never been to Lake Powell, so I'm thinking I will go with you guys next year! ( Yes, I just invited myself!) I love Kevin's mohawk- that is too funny. It looks like you guys had an awesome time! We need to get together soon and hang out, we miss you guys!