Kevin finally had a few days off after his finals. We almost went camping, but the weather was too unpredictable with freak thunderstorms and tornado warnings. We did lots of other fun stuff though. First, we had to mow our front lawn. We bought a cheap lawnmower and Kevin mowed our EXTREMELY long front lawn. I think the neighbors were getting kind of annoyed with it. Ooops. Well Kevin was able to mow it and then borrow a weed wacker from our neighbor so now it looks great.
Here are some pics- the dogs can't stand it when Kevin leaves so they like to look out the front window at him.

We also went to Stony Point mall just to walk around and have some lunch at Chipotle- yum! We loved it there cuz we could enjoy the good weather we were having after a long week of rain- and we can bring our dogs and walk them around.
We also made three trips to Belle Isle. We love this place. It is a little isle out on the James River right near downtown Richmond. You can swim in the river and hike around the trails. The trails were really pretty and green from all of the rain we got. The actual river was a little bit scary because it was like 5 feet higher than it normally is- the rapids looked crazy in some spots. We still found some little inlets where it was semi-calm, but there weren't as many rocks above the water for us to jump around on and explore. We had a great time and it was good excercise to just walk around the isle. We of course brought our dogs and they loved to swim in the river- yes they have life jackets on. I know its a bit weird but we like to be around water a lot so we figured it would be a good thing to get for them. I really do think they feel more comfortable swimming with them which was fun to see. One of the days we walked around Belle Isle with our friends Matt and Debbie and their little girl Kylee. It was a beautiful day and it was fun to get out in the sun with some friends.








5 comments:
Hiiiiii! We have had a lot of fun with you guys!! Im glad we got to go and walk around with you two!
That looks like it was a ton of fun! I love the doggie life jackets, thats great! Safety first! The weather has been crazy out here lately... I am ready for some sunshine again. Isn't if funny how green it got here? I swear it happened over night. You guys are such a cute family, we need to get together again soon!
Sam! I didn't know you kept a blog! I can't wait to keep up with yours and Kevin's life more!! :) I see you found mine too haha.
Miss ya!
Looks like u had fun! We miss seeing u guys, we definitely should have a girls night again soon!
Dogs with life jackets...that's awesome! You guys look like you're having lots of fun!
Post a Comment