Saturday, October 18, 2008

Finally Found a Job!

After many tireless interviews and searching, I finally got a great job offer. It is at a great local company called Partnership Marketing and I will helping out in the accounting department. Since I have a degree they wanted me to help them with the technical side of the accounting, since none of the other people have degrees, but those people have done their best keeping up with the accounting. The company is growing really fast I guess and they want to get me to help them get all their accounting in order. It will be a great opportunity for me since it is a job with a lot of responsibility and a lot of actual accounting work I can do. There seemed to be a lot of nice great people there and I am very excited even though it is ending my hiatus of no work and no school which has been a great break! I am very excited to get out into the accounting world and actual do some stuff that I went to school for four years for!!

As for other updates in life, my parents and sister came to visit last weekend and we had a great time. We went to Washington D.C. and some other fun places around Richmond. I will post some pictures soon. We had a ton of fun and it was great to show them around our new home.

Also, we got another dog a few weeks ago. She is still kind of a puppy; she's about 6 months old and she is a very pretty yellow lab mix. She has a really funny puppy like personality and is just a big lovy girl who loves to give kisses. Her name is Jordan and we heard she had a bad past, but she has been a great dog for us: great with other dogs, great with kids and is learning new tricks. Her and Charlie play a lot during the day and it will be good that they can play during the day while Kevin and I are gone.

Kevin is still very busy with school, but he is loving it and doing well. That's about it for us, we are just having fun out here with our puppies in a new city! Here is one pic of us at the beach over Kevin's fall break with the two dogs.

2 comments:

Momma said...

I still get so homesick for you guys when I look at your blog and pictures. You were so good to come and visit but I am glad you like VA. It's a great place. Anonya and Lauren always ask for you. I am so happy about Sam's job, she will be really good at it. Love, Mom

Momma said...

Me again. We need pictures of all your decorating. Thanks.