1. The Pregnancy- everything has been great so far. From like 7weeks until 17 weeks I had some morning sickness. Some days were really bad and some weren't too bad. Food just didn't sound very good and a lot of things I loved to eat made me more sick. So then when I didn't eat my stomach was empty and that made me sick too. Ahh... it was a never ending cycle and it seemed horrible at the time, but now that I look back it wasn't too awful. I still went to work and did most of the things I normally did. After the sickness went away came the back pain. I still have it, but I am learning to deal with it and how to make it more comfortable so that is bearable also. Next came this HEAT WAVE in Richmond. It definitely was not this hot here last year, but it is awful. I feel like being pregnant makes me much more sensitive to the heat and it has not been pleasant. I haven't had any cravings, I actually feel like just most foods don't sound that good anymore. Part of that is also the heat, which makes cooking and eating just not sound worth it at all. So far, at my last 24/25 week appointment I had gained 10 lbs total, which I am happy about!! These past few weeks I feel like I am really starting to show. The doctor's say everything looks good so far, we think our baby might come out with a big head because at the ultrasound they said his head was measuring in the 90 something percentile, but then they measured the stomach or something and it was only like 60%. We don't have much longer! We better hurry and get ready for this baby. We will be taking some classes at the hospital next month which will be interesting. It's all going by pretty fast.
I had a baby shower out in California at the end of May with some family and friends. We had a blast seeing everyone and enjoying a windy day at the beach. Thanks to everyone that came and gave us so many wonderful gifts for the baby. We also celebrated Kevin's birthday while we were in California. Kevin also went out to Utah for a few days to help his mom with some yard work and he loved that.
Kevin again has a big beautiful garden, literally he has harvested hundreds of tomatoes already!! We have been trying to can like crazy. We have canned lots of spaghetti sauce and salsa mostly. We also did a freezer jam with some mangos and peaches that were on sale at the store. We actually had to go buy a standalone freezer to just freeze tomatoes and we have dried some too, so we can make soup and some other things later in the year.
The rest of our summer activities have consisted of going to the James River on our boat a few times with friends, putting new/more cabinets and countertops in our kitchen, lots of church activities with the youth, and trying to stay cool. It has been a fun summer and we have a few more activities planned.
I will try to get some pictures up soon! Sorry I'm lame.
5 comments:
I love you sam! and you too kevin hahahaha! Im glad your pregnancy is going well too.. especially in this AWFUL HEAT! stay inside and keep cool hahahaha
I am glad you are feeling okay...and we would LOVE to see pictures :)
sounds like you guys are having fun! i feel ya on the back pain with pregnancy :( i hope you start feeling better soon. i can't wait to see your baby! he'll be so cute.
Finally new pictures and info. You look great and pregnant. Hope all is well.
I'm so glad you have done so well with your pregnancy! It's not much fun, but it's so worth it. And you look fantastic! This heat has been horrible, and I bet it's ten times worse when your pregnant. Hang in there, it's bound to cool off sooner or later.
Post a Comment