We went to New York about a month ago and I am finally blogging about it. First, Kevin's mom came to visit us in Richmond which was lots of fun and then we headed to New York City! We did so much while we were there: first of all we (mostly Kevin with Jill's recommendation) found a lot of amazing places to eat. I can't even remember them all right now, but the best were probably the pizza and then the Chicken and Waffles place. We stayed right in Times Square with 6 of us in a very small hotel room!! We saw the play Wicked- I would highly recommend to anyone. Went on top of the Rockefeller center and Empire State Building. Central Park was beautiful- I would spend all my time there if I lived in NY. We walked the Brooklyn Bridge (also highly recommended), saw Wall Street and the World Trade Center site (very surreal). One other VERY cool thing we were able to do was to get tickets to the Statue of Liberty, but also we got the special tickets (get far in advance) to climb up into the crown. This just opened again this July and it was really neat. The climb was not bad at all and it was a great experience. We were a little rushed at the rest of Statue of Liberty and didn't get to do Ellis Island so we will have to do that next time we make it to New York. The subways were really cool to ride, a little annoying if they were crowed, especially when people have B.O.! What a great trip!
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
NY Trip
We went to New York about a month ago and I am finally blogging about it. First, Kevin's mom came to visit us in Richmond which was lots of fun and then we headed to New York City! We did so much while we were there: first of all we (mostly Kevin with Jill's recommendation) found a lot of amazing places to eat. I can't even remember them all right now, but the best were probably the pizza and then the Chicken and Waffles place. We stayed right in Times Square with 6 of us in a very small hotel room!! We saw the play Wicked- I would highly recommend to anyone. Went on top of the Rockefeller center and Empire State Building. Central Park was beautiful- I would spend all my time there if I lived in NY. We walked the Brooklyn Bridge (also highly recommended), saw Wall Street and the World Trade Center site (very surreal). One other VERY cool thing we were able to do was to get tickets to the Statue of Liberty, but also we got the special tickets (get far in advance) to climb up into the crown. This just opened again this July and it was really neat. The climb was not bad at all and it was a great experience. We were a little rushed at the rest of Statue of Liberty and didn't get to do Ellis Island so we will have to do that next time we make it to New York. The subways were really cool to ride, a little annoying if they were crowed, especially when people have B.O.! What a great trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh fun!! I love NYC. It looks like you guys had a blast!! We miss you and love you tons :)
We'll be out there from June to August. We will absolutely see you guys while we are out there. You guys are like family! :) love ya!
Man, I am so jealous. I would love to go to NY and it seems like you guys hit all the hot spots! (Except Yankee Stadium, that is) I have heard that Wicked is awesome, and I think it's awesome you guys got to go to the tope of the Statue of Liberty!! We had so much fun with you guys last weekend, and we can't wait for Thanksgiving!! You guys are the best! Thanks for coming to Cam's birthday party, she just loves you guys. All day today she was saying "Where's Kebin?' and I told her he was at school with daddy, so then she would say, "Kebin's at school with Daddy!" She was so excited to have that bit of info... Ah, kids.
Post a Comment