Tuesday, April 7, 2009

SPRING!

Springtime has finally come to Virginia. It's been on and off for a while I guess, but I think it is here to stay now. We love Spring! Kevin has all of a sudden been really interested in gardening so we set up the far end of our yard as a garden and we are planting a ton of veggies along with watermelon, blueberries, and raspberries. He has been working pretty hard at it and even built a trellis out of cheap wood from Lowes. We will see what grows, it'll be a learning experience for sure. We have also been able to enjoy sitting outside a lot with our new patio furniture. When it has been warm we love to eat dinner out there and just relax for a bit. It has been so nice, I especially love the sun-- I think I am finally getting some color on my cheeks. Amazing! Well, here are some pics!

Our Dafodils around our mailbox bloomed
Our Patio Furniture (there are 4 chairs) I love the cushions (green and blue flowers)

Kevin building his trellis for tomatos


Left side of garden (it's not much yet- will get updated pics in a few months)


Right side of garden- Also not much yet, but Kev is working hard!







1 comment:

Debbie said...

Good job u guys! I love gardens! Were goin to be planting soon too! U guys are doing such a good job with all the fix-it stuff!