Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mother's Day

Honestly Sundays are just crazy around here so Mother's Day tends to just be another crazy Sunday sometimes. This year it seemed less crazy. It is a bummer we aren't near either of our mom's, but they were able to come out to see us a few weeks ago. Saturday we were running errands etc and we were able to pick up a free piano that our friends didn't need. Since I have started piano lessons a few weeks ago, I was really excited to get a piano in the house to practice more. Wyatt and Kev had picked me out some flowers and I got a gift card to restaurants and we bought a foodsaver thing. The boys slept in until eight which was great so I slept in too. Kevin had a yummy breakfast of eggs and crepes with bacon all ready to go. We got to church a little late since we got a late start, but the boys were really good for church. We came home and ate lunch and the boys went down for naps really easy and napped for quite a while. So I watched some TV and napped also which was great! Kevin prepared a yummy dinner of steak with bacon and veggies. We went out in the garden for a bit and put the boys down. Then I was able to watch the Survivor finale... which was totally awesome!! This has definitely been one of the best seasons and I liked that Cochran won, he was so smart and not fake and did a great job.

I guess I just felt so blessed this Mother's Day. I am just so lucky to be a mother to two wonderful, sweet, cute, healthy, fun boys. It really is so much fun and so rewarding. I am always trying to improve on being a mother and I hope I do it justice. I am also so grateful for my mom. Man, it's hard to raise kids and I just don't know how she and my dad did it. It is such a crazy world and they really taught me so many lessons on hard work and love and the importance of family. I am so grateful for my mom who is far away but close to my heart. I am also so grateful for my mother in law. She always supports us and gives us advice. Kevin calls her almost every day and she is always making sure we are ok. She is also an extremely hard worker and a wonderful woman to look up to. I am so glad they both got to come to VA/TN to visit us and we can't wait to see them again this summer!!

No comments: